My dad's birthday was last week and Trent and I went out to dinner with my parents to Applebee's and then came home to this beauty. I will DEFINITELY make this again! I melded a few recipes together and came up with my own. I've had something similar with Heath bar toffee pieces, but know my dad's love for Peanut Butter, thus, this beauty was born.
Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
1 tub Cool Whip
1 small box vanilla pudding
1 9x13 size batch of brownies, baked, cooled, broken into 1" pieces
1/2-1 Cup peanut butter, crunchy or creamy (I used crunchy!)
20 Peanut Butter Cups, give or take! Cut up in small pieces
Bake brownies, cut up into bite size pieces. Mix pudding with milk and whisk together, add peanut butter(I added close to 1 full cup, I really wanted that peanut buttery taste!) and whisk it into the pudding and chill in the fridge.
Layer the brownie pieces, chopped p.b. cups, p.b. pudding mixture, Cool Whip, then layer again and end with Cool Whip on top and garnish with more cut up p.b. cups. So easy, sooo delicious! Trust me on this one, try it!!
How could something not be good that looks like this on top?! Warning: not diet friendly. Don't blame me when the number on the scale bounces up in the morning.
2 comments:
I love your bowl! I can't believe you etched it yourself... I wish we had activities like that! :) I'll have to get the details of how you did it.
And, about the Elmo cake... thanks for your help with it! The only problem I had was the black frosting in the eyes leaked and when I pulled it out of the fridge there were black lines down the eyeballs. Sigh. I ended up using a pudding based frosting rather than buttercream that was really yummy... but I was so glad I went out and bought the cake pan!
Ooh yum! My family loves trifle...we'll have to try this! Love the bowl!
Post a Comment