Monday, January 4, 2010

My Resolutions

* I resolve to complain less. I need to put my big girl panties on and take it! Curveballs, fastballs, and all. I'm going to *try* to love it all and be more positive.
*Lose 15lbs., because doesnt every list include some kind of weight loss/fitness goal? I just had a baby 2 months ago and that is my excuse now, but gosh dang it, I can't keep using the excuse all year! This will be hard, because let's face it, I love food. I have a major sweet tooth and well, it'll be hard.
*On the flip-side, I want to live more guilt-free. I don't want to feel guilty for not trekking it to the gym, for enjoying the delicious Subway white chocolate macadamia cookie, for not getting every craft project done, for not cleaning up the toys, and for taking a little time out for me. I've decided life's too short to spend my time thinking I coulda', saying I shoulda', or wishing I woulda'. I can only do the best I can and if I can do that--I'm doing quite well.
*I want to spend as much time snuggling, smelling, and kissing my baby because now that she is my third I know just how very fast she will grow into a tantrum throwing, back-talking, mess-making, pigtail-wearing little girl. I've decided one of the first questions I'll ask on the other side is why babies can't stay babies longer. Kendra already has grown so much it's not fair, but wait, there I am complaining again... ah crap.
*I want to take more videos of the girls. We were good with Mikayla and have totally slacked off for whatever reason, but I know it's important to record memories in that way and I want them to be able to look back and see what they were like as children.
*I think I need to stop now before my list becomes so long that I don't accomplish anything and then I'll feel guilty for not doing these things.... and I can't handle that right now. :)

There are things about this year I look forward to and things that make me wish it was 2011, but we'll take each day as it comes. So here's to another year of loving, another year of living, and another year of being me.

2 comments:

JenW said...

amen to all that. babies grow too fast! just take it slow and easy and eat that cookie! you deserve it:)

Orange Peanut said...

I think those are great goals!