Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tech-savvy two-yr old

The girls love starfall.com It's full of fun, quick, easy ways to learn the alphabet and the letters the sounds make. After helping Megan with the website for a few months, she declared she wanted to do it on her own. Well, now she spends about a half hour a day or sometimes several times a day playing Starfall. I am amazed at how well she maneuvers a mouse! She says the sounds and the letters along with the computer and can navigate her way by herself to different pages and through matching games etc. I think the website is great for 18 mos-early readers. Mikayla has found other aspects of the website that she enjoys, like the short reading stories, but there's lots of fun stuff on there if you're looking for a boredom buster during all this winter weather!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'll have to check it out, thanks!

Burke family said...

Jordan loves it too! Doesn't it amaze you how easily the tech stuff comes to these little ones?!

Orange Peanut said...

we love starfall too