Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just Another Day in Paradise

So I started making dinner for us, Josh, Chloe, and Dusty. I look outside and see the torrents of rain coming down. Rain's not so bad, unless it comes in the garage. So I look in the garage and whaddya know? It's trickling in!

Ran around like a madwoman gathering towels to sop up the mess while Trent uses buckets to empty the patio area. Sent Josh to Home Depot to get sump pump to pump out all the water because the ground is so saturated that it's all just running into the garage. I got a bucket and started helping Trent. So did Mikayla. Unfortunately, Mikayla's bucket of muddy, nasty water ended up in mom's face. An unhappy mom tells(okay, yells at) the girls to get inside when Megan slides head-first across the soggy grass getting mud all over her clothes, face, hair, everything. Meanwhile, Kendra is inside screaming her sweet head off for milk that I am currently unable to give.

Alas, the water got pumped out, Megan got a bath, I apologized to Mikayla for yelling at her, fed the starving 4-month old and managed to get dinner on the table for us all.

Yeah, I know. You're jealous. You probably had a very pleasant stress-free Tuesday night at home, when in reality you wish you were me. At the end of the day, dealing with the muddy, screaming, bucket 'o water throwing, tiring children is actually my paradise. My life may be crazy, but I love it.
...most of the time...lol...

2 comments:

Burke family said...

That is so awesome! Gotta love days like that, huh?

Orange Peanut said...

Love ya!