
No, I'm not pregnant again (whew!) But, we now are first-time dog owners. My mom is a bit of a stray dog magnet and has yet again found one that needed a good home. Mikayla told her that we would love to keep the dog because "Mom and Dad always wanted to get a dog, but they cost too much money and we can get one if it's free!" Hmmm, even though that never was said, I gotta give her credit for thriftiness and creativity.
So, I told Trent that the girls would be returning from their weekend stay in Chico with a puppy, but that we aren't obligated to keep it. He says, "No way! We are not getting a dog, there is no way, no how. We don't need a dog, we don't want a dog, we aren't ready for a dog"...and on and on and on. The girls come in with the cute little dog and Trent walks outside to tell them how we are NOT going to keep the dog. He comes back in a few minutes later and says, "Amber, we need to talk."
After some one-on-one deliberation and a lot of "he's really cute, and the girls really like him, and he's a good size, and Mikayla was just batting her big blue eyes and I melted into a puddle, blah, blah, blah"... he talked me into it and we got a dog.

His name was Coco, but Trent decided that if we were going to have a male dog, he needed a name with a little testosterone. We voted as a family and decided on Max. But sorry honey, the male population is still quite a minority in this household.

He's a year and a half old. We think he's a terrier/poodle mix, but mostly terrier. He's quite a good dog and loves playing with the girls and having his tummy scratched.

We took Max to PetSmart with us and bought him some toys. The girls always enjoy going to PetSmart to look at the animals and pet everyone else's dogs. Now they get to go and bring a dog of their very own. So fun!

Megan
(strangling) hugging him.

Mikayla just loves Max and finally got her wish of having a dog. I swear that girl could sell snow cones to her Canadian father in a blizzard. What a dad won't do for his girls...
6 comments:
u make me sound like such a pushover. keep this up and I may feel inclined to put my foot down more often:) so after we have him fixed does he only count as have a male in the house so the score will be 1.5 to 4 or does he still get full credit?
-Trent
So, it sounds like that's the approach I need to take with my "We're never getting a dog" husband.
Someone once told me that when Mason was old enough to ask for a dog, Willis, my anti-any-kind-of-pet husband, would give in. Hmmm...looks like it's not terribly uncommon. We'll see. He's cute. Good choice on switching from Coco to Max. Who names a boy Coco?!
Amber he is so cute, glad you could join the dog ownership club. They really are great companions
Cute pup! Every kid needs a dog I think :) Good work giving in, Trent! You guys needed another man in the house.
oh man - don't tell Chris about this. He and Jordan keep telling me we need a dog, but I'm staying strong. :)
Post a Comment