
(I served everyone some cake and then snapped a pic before heading to a meeting, sorry so sloppy, but you get the idea!)

We made Rainbow Cake for St. Patrick's Day and I think it may become a tradition! It was easy and fun and tasted great!

I made a white cake mix according to the directions on the box and then divided the batter among 6 bowls. I added food coloring to each bowl and stirred away till we got a bright color. Then I merely scooped the batter into the two pans as shown.

A close-up of the colorful cake batter.

Fresh out of the oven! Colors seem to have dulled upon baking, but in actuality...

the rainbow was bright on the inside! It was really cool looking and so neat that the colors didn't mix during baking. We all loved it and I want to try it with different colors, like brown and pink, or red, white, and blue, or just different shades of one color. So fun!
5 comments:
That cake is really cool! What a fun idea! I think I'll have to try that one. And you are definitely brave to shop with 3 kids. I avoid it as much as possible with just 2!
you will find any excuse to make cake!! you are dang good at it though. luv ya
Trent
Cute cake! You are so creative. So good to talk to you yesterday!
That looks like so much fun!! Really pretty, we'll have to try it :)
I'm going to make this cake for Easter.....thanks again!!!!!
Post a Comment