Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Megan is one!






I can't believe it. A year ago I was coming home with my sweet baby girl who had still yet to cry(it actually was a few weeks before she actually full-on cried hard for seemingly no reason). She is such a joy and blessing to our family and we love little Meggy so much!

We had a little birthday party for her this weekend and I made a sheep cake and we went swimming and ate fruit and veggies. Now, I know I'm no Martha Stewart, but I'm sure as heck gonna try. So, no store-bought cake from me. I make 'em all. :)

So Happy Birthday My Little Girl! I love you so much and am thankful for your smile, your sloppy open-mouthed kisses, your cuddles and loves when I rock you before bedtime, your quiet humming and babbling that is the cutest sound around, and the way I am so completely in love with every part of you. Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

Orange Peanut said...

That cake is ADORABLE!!! Nice job Martha, I mean Amber! Megan is so cute and she looks like she enjoyed herself!

Marc and Megan said...

Kudos on the cake! Seriously, I'm quite impressed! Happy Birthday, sweet little Megan! :)

Burke family said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you started a blog - it really is fun! What a cute cake! I can't believe she's one already. Wow = time flies. Looks like you guys are having tons of fun as always.