That's right, me, who has NEVER made chili before, won first place at our church's chili cookoff on Saturday! How funny is that?! I found a recipe that I had tasted before and gave it a go. What's even funnier is I hadn't even taste-tested mine--I just cooked it and brought it to the church and set it out with the 20 other chilis. Needless to say, I was shocked when they called my name as the first-place winner! So, if anyone wants a good super-yummy chili recipe, here it is! :)
Creamy White Chili
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in 1/2 in. cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. veg. oil
2 (15 1/2 oz.) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
14 1/2 oz. chicken broth
2 (4 oz) cans diced green chilies
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream
Saute chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil. Add beans, broth and seasonings. Bring to boil. Simmer uncovered 30 minutes. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve!
--I followed it all, but didn't have oregano and used chili powder instead of cayenne pepper (b/c I didn't have any!). Other than that, followed it all and it was super easy!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I made White Chili for our chili cook off too and I got 2nd place! I guess White Chili is giving traditional chili the boot! Congrats!
Yum, I haven't tried White Chili, but it sounds good. I'm excited to try your award-winning recipe :) Thanks for sharing, and congrats!
Post a Comment