SOOOOOO......I went to the midnight movie showing of TWILIGHT and LOVED IT!!! Every single minute in fact! It was so fabulous! We started our night at Mimi's Cafe with desserts and then headed over to the crowded theater to snag enough seats for our group. My neck thanks me that we weren't in the front row! We sat in our seats for an hour anticipating the start of the movie. Random teenagers wearing "Team Edward" shirts ran across the front row of the theater trying to get us all to do the wave. Lame. But, alas, I was at the midnight showing of a movie made about a book dealing with teenagers in high school. From the throng of teenagers in that theater we knew we were in for many a squeal and shriek during the movie. I was not disappointed. In the movie...or the shrieking! Okay, okay, I happened to let out a tiny squeal too in some parts, but hey, come on, this was TWILIGHT!!
Truth be told: I was not a huge Rob Pattinson fan before the movie. My take on him now: he is H-O-DOUBLE T!!!! The characters in the movie were cast quite well and had a charming, irresistible chemistry. I went into the movie with an open mind--which I suggest you do too, because you KNOW it will be different than the book. I wasn't sure how the movie would be made to be believable, but I was so completely drawn in from the first scene when Bella lays eyes on Edward.
Do not--and I repeat--do not see this movie before reading the book. You just won't "get it!" I'm not kidding, there is such a depth to the characters that is built up from the series that makes it so that the movie enhances the depth, but is hardly understandable/believable without the background knowledge of the novel. I absolutely loved it and I only have one question-- when is the second movie coming out???????
Okay, 3am is way too late (or early) to be blogging. I hope the 4 precautionary Diet Coke's leave my system soon so I may fall asleep and dream.... of Edward.... yes, even Edward... the vampire.
6 comments:
Oh man - lucky you! I'm so excited to see it, and I'm so glad to hear it wasn't a disappointment. I was afraid it just wouldn't measure up to the pics I have in my head - you know But I can definitely have an open mind. I'm so excited!
I'm not one to follow a craze, so I haven't even read the books...are they really that good? I mean, Vampires?! Seriously?
You're so funny!
Thanks so much for taking Kirsten. She had a great time! Your an awesome "teenager" friend.
Looks like you guys had a great time love to see familiar faces. I have to admit I didn't read the books but will most likely see the movie. I'm more of a Night of Rodanthe type. Loved that movie!!! Thanks for sharing.
I wish I felt the same way after seeing the movie - I will definitly be seeing it again, with an open mind! Looks like you all had fun!
Post a Comment