Wednesday, November 5, 2008

WE DID IT!!!!!


Prop. 8 passed! We did it! It took a lot of time, effort, and money on everyone's part to show our support for the definition of marriage. We have again defined marriage in the state of California as being between a man and a woman. I am proud of so many in my state right now for having the courage to stand up for something we strongly believe in and to go out of comfort zones at times to protect the sacred institution of marriage.

From the campaign manager of protectmarriage.com, "I couldn’t be prouder of the campaign we have waged. Together, we’ve raised important issues about same-sex marriage including implications for religious freedom, freedom of expression and, most importantly, how same-sex marriage will be taught to children in our schools. Our opponents have vilified us for having had the courage to speak out. Our campaign materials have been stolen and destroyed, churches have been defaced, properties damaged and some of our volunteers have even been assaulted. Still, you have persevered and brought us to the brink of victory...."

I made phone calls and was hung up on. I put signs in my yard and they were stolen. I waved signs on street corners and had obscenities yelled at me. Quite a lot of persecution. How many more signs do we need people? We are in the last days! Did you do all you could....?

4 comments:

Chris and Dani said...

Amber, way to go! My sister lives in CA and was involved like you. I am so glad you both worked so hard to get this passed despite the persecution. I don't think it would have passed without the efforts of all the volunteers. You guys are amazing! Did you see it passed in two other states too!

Orange Peanut said...

Way to go! Way to be involved!

Anonymous said...

We are clearly surrounded by evil. I am so proud to be alive right now. Can you imagine how Joseph Smith felt , tarred and feathered, and spit upon. I am so grateful to be LDS! And to stand up for the righteous beliefs, in these very evil last days. YAAAAAAY that prop 8 passed! *Hugs*

Amy

Kim Hawryluk said...

Congrats! That is a big deal and we're happy to hear the outcome! I'm glad to know that you worked on that so hard!