Monday, November 10, 2008

The Santa process is too complicated...

SANTA CLAUS Pictures, Images and PhotosAs we were walking through the mall tonight Mikayla passed Build-a-Bear and the Disney store and saw many things she thought she might like for Christmas. Trent told her that Christmas was coming and that we would listen to the things she wants and make a list to give to Santa and then he'll see about getting some of those things for Christmas. She thought this over and said,
"Daddy, this is too complicated. It would be much simpler if I just have Santa walk through the mall with me and I'll tell him the things I want myself."
She's right. It would be simpler. But where'd she learn that word? The kid's a freakin' sponge. She repeats everything she hears and has a massive vocabulary. We have to constantly watch what we say and find ourselves spelling the bad words: h-a-t-e and s-t-u-p-i-d etc. We both got a laugh out of our almost-too-smart-for-her-own-good 4 year old and have to wonder just how long it will be before she's completely able to outsmart us!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Owen's been saying "actually" a lot. It cracks me up! " I want the blue crayon. Actually, I'll take the green one."

JenW said...

so funny and so true. ethan is a sponge too...scary:)

Keltie said...

What do you expect, she was born on August 11, we are all brilliant. We do get a lot of the same stuff from Izzie, she is currently trying to figure out how the baby gets out of the mommy's tummy.

Burke family said...

That is too funny! Don't you just love watching their little brains at work.... it's amazing!