Monday, July 27, 2009

Bodega Bay and the Redwoods

We took a fun kinda spur of the moment weekend trip to Bodega Bay and to the Redwoods. Here's our family in a tree!
The girls did great hiking through the woods.
We found a fun fallen tree that we turned into a slide for the girls.
My little rock climber! That's Mikayla way up there! Uncle Josh harnessed her in and she scaled that wall as high as Mom would let her! When it was time to come down she leaned back and bounced her feet off the wall in true rapelling fashion--made her uncle proud. I was amazed she wasn't at all scared and wanted to do it several times.
Here she is all harnessed up!
The girls roasting marshmallows at night.

Megs flying a kite with Daddy on the beach.
Mikayla getting brave enough to touch the sea "enemies." Anenome was a little tough to pronounce!
Dusty with the massive crab we pried out of his hiding spot near the rocks.
Megan holding a starfish.
Chloe and Megan tended to like to walk along the beach rather than pick up slimy creatures!
Uncle Dusty with Megs in the forest.
We LOVED the tidepools! Megan was a little unsure of the sea creatures, but finally touched a starfish Papa was holding.
Mikayla and I with another starfish we found. They were everywhere! We found tons of anenomes, starfish, crabs, and other fun finds.
The whole gang: Dusty, Magaw, Papa, Josh, Chloe, Me, Mikayla, Megan, Trent. The coast was beautiful and we loved watching the waves crash into the rocks. I was quite surprised how cold it was for the middle of July though!
Mikayla flying a kite while laying on her back taking a rest.
Uncle Dusty being a good sport while the girls do his hair! We stayed in a lofthouse in Bodega and really had such a fun trip. It was nice to get away and do something different and fun and new for the weekend. The girls had never been to tidepools or the redwoods and it was fun to experience it with them.
I asked Mikayla how the vacation was and she said, "I had so much fun I think I might explode!" So, take that for what it's worth, all in all, a good time was had. :)

No comments: