Thursday, July 16, 2009

First Trip to the Dentist

First of all, I could kick myself for not bringing my camera!! I am sooo mad. We took the girls to the dentist today and it was Megan's first time. She wanted to be first and went right on in and climbed up in the big chair. The dental assistant said I might want to hold her in my arms in the chair and may need to help with opening her mouth. I know my Megan though. She is so good for all doctors and any appt. we've been to that I asked her and she said she wanted to sit there by herself. She started pointing to her ears and I laughed and said, "No, they're not going to check your ears!" She's so used to having her ears looked at and checked and her hearing tested that she just assumed that's what this was, but no, that appt. is tomorrow actually.

The dentist came in and asked her to open up wide and she did and sat there perfectly still while he counted them and looked for any decay or decalcification. She passed with flying colors and was quite happy to get her balloon at the end of it all.

Mikayla was excited for the dentist for some reason and climbed up into the chair and was a perfect model of a dental patient. I'm so glad they weren't nervous at all and enjoyed their visits. She also had no cavities, or decay or anything wrong. So far, they think the dentist is just a nice man who looks at and taps your teeth.... just wait till they get their first cavities! The world will come crashing down I am sure...

No comments: