Thursday, July 2, 2009

Girl's Camp 2009

I had SO MUCH FUN with these ladies at Girl's Camp!! Girl's Camp is for 12-18 year old girls in our church and we go to Camp Nauvoo for a week. The theme this year was "Basic Training" and it was such a great theme and such a great week. Megan and I had the 15 yr. olds and we were the Air Force, and Dawn and Kelsey had the 14 yr olds and they were the Marines. Also represented was the Army, Coast Guard, Navy, and Special Forces. We had fun with our "costumes" and decorations and the four of us got to go on the overnight hike with the girls and had a blast. We got the girls all to bed around 11pm and stayed up laughing and talking for a few hours, so fun! I only have a few pics from camp but they have a cd with hundreds more that I should be getting soon!
My cousin Samantha and her mad archery skills.
My favorite night! Bishop's Night! All the bishops and stake pres. come up and talk with the girls and sing silly camp songs and do skits and it really is so much fun to have them all there.
At the end of the week each level makes a "boat" out of the decorations and we send it down the river with girls on both sides singing church and primary songs. Ours was definitely very cool.
This year, being 5 months pregnant, I opted out of the water ball dodgeball game with the bishops. So instead I ended up babysitting 2 phones, 6 pairs of sunglasses, and a camera for others who were playing. And yes, I rocked the braids for 3 days. I would shower and rebraid them because honestly, what's easier than braids when camping? Thanks goodness for long hair! Even though I came home dirty, exhausted, and tired, it really was a fun week overall and I'm glad I got the chance to go. I just love Girl's Camp!

2 comments:

Burke family said...

Ahhh girlscamp... always a good time! I'm sure the girls loved having you there too.

Lance Christensen said...

Who are those Marine drill sergeants at the top? Woo-woo!