
My baby turned 5 today! She came into my bed this morning and curled up next to me and said, "Mom, we need to go through my drawers and get rid of all my clothes, because I'm 5 now and they won't fit me anymore." As if she grew 5 inches overnight or something!
She came to me with an epiphany and said, "I don't have to hold my thumb down anymore when I show people how old I am!!" She was grinning ear to ear and so excited to have figured this out.
Later she said, "Mom, I bet your'e sad today. Because now that I'm 5 I'm getting too big to fit in your lap or have you hold me." No, my sweet girl. You will NEVER be too big for me to hold. I love you more everyday and that's a whole lot after 5 whole years.

She is starting kindergarten in a few weeks, started soccer today, learned how to ride a bike without training wheels this summer, go off a diving board all by herself and swim half the length of the pool. She plays well with her sister and friends and loves to hug and kiss my belly goodnight and tell the baby that she loves her. She can be headstrong and independent sometimes, and totally tender, sweet, loveable, and fun at others. I love my little Miss Mikayla Belle and am so glad she is a part of our family! Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!
3 comments:
Wow! I can't believe it's been 5 years already. We miss being close to you guys and being able to hang out like we did in Provo.
Is it me for does she even look older over night?
Happy birthday Mikayla! I can't believe she is 5 already!!
Post a Comment