Friday, August 21, 2009

Pros and Cons...

Oh the difference 8 months makes.... This is me before teaching at the gym pre-preggo and this is me the other day before teaching at 30 weeks pregnant.
Pros/Cons of the belly:

Pro: I went all summer not having to suck in my belly once around the pool or having to care what I looked like in a swimsuit.
Con: Knowing how many months of HARD work it will take to fit back into any swimsuit.


Pro: Get to go on maternity leave from teaching at the gym to give my body a break.
Con: Having to stop/slow down exercising for a few months when I love it so much.


Pro: Getting to eat (just about) whatever I want for almost a year and not worrying much about a calorie or what's in the dessert.
Con: Working off the 30 lbs. of ice cream, pie, and cookies that I so enjoyed eating.


Pro: Getting to wear elastic band stretchy panel pants that are soooo comfortable.
Con: Packing up the size 4 jeans at 8 weeks pregnant for a year or more.... that was a sad day.


Pro: Feeling this sweet baby kick, twist, turn, and move about inside knowing I only get to feel her inside me for such a short span of our lives together.
Con: Not knowing if this is the last time to feel a baby kicking and sitting on my bladder and trying hard to remember the feeling for it will be gone much too soon.

I'm trying to stay positive while pregnant. I mean, really, I have it easy. I don't get sick, I don't get TOO uncomfortable, I don't have any complications or anything to worry about. I was having a hard time teaching aerobics this week with my balance being compromised and my stamina lessened and my body temperature raising much too quickly while teaching. I started being very wistful for the body I once had, which I of course was never completely happy with, and found myself planning out how quickly I can get back to the gym after birth to get back to where I want to be. But I made this list to hopefully help me realize that this is a short span of time in my life and to love and embrace the big belly--cuz when it's gone, it's gone... and I will truly miss it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man I can not decide which one you look hotter in. Sure the first picture your body looks amazing but in the second you still look increadible and you have my little girl inside you, either way you are just hot!!!!! -Trent

Kimberly said...

[Okay, Trent gets major points from me for that comment.]

You are awesome!!! I am in awe. [And of course, insanely jealous.] ;)