Monday, August 24, 2009

Mikayla's First Day of Kindergarten!

Here is Mikayla early on this chilly morning looking tired as can be! She was so excited for school she had a hard time falling asleep last night and could barely even eat breakfast because she just wanted to get there!
She picked out this way cute outfit and her new Tinkerbell backpack on her own and I thought she looked so cute!
Trying out the monkey bars on the kindergarten playground.
Me with my baby girl. I can't believe she is 5 and is old enough for the "big kid school" now. I did really well just smiling and staying behind the camera, but have to admit I let a few tears leak out as she waved goodbye from the rug and blew me kiss and said, "See ya after school!" I knew she was perfectly fine and happy and we'll just blame the tears on pregnancy!
They gathered on the rug to talk about rules and she was a little unsure at this point about was quite going on. Mikayla and Daddy after a good day at school!
They had a Parent Breakfast in the morning at the cafeteria for all K parents. I think it was to get the parents to actually say goodbye to the little ones so they could start school more than anything, but nonetheless, we had breakfast and Megan was quite happy to run around and play with her buddy Brock.
After a great day at school, this is Mikayla and Erik "pose" for more pictures together!
Such funny little nuts. I love my big girl so much and hope she has a fabulous year of kindergarten. And I promise I won't cry tomorrow!

2 comments:

Ruth M said...

I think Chloe got the same backpack for her birthday. Very cute. Love that picture of Megan, too.

Burke family said...

So cute! I love how excited she looks. I'm sure she's going to love it and her teacher will love her too!