Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Family Affair

We're quite lucky to have so many family members working on the additon. Trent's parents were able to come down from Canada to help for almost a week and they were SUCH a big help and got SO much done. My uncle Joe, dad, brother Josh, and Trent are also doing almost all of the work and it's fun to see everyone working and learning together. I can't do much to help(though I did swing a sledgehammer at the wall to remove stucco I'll have you know!), but enjoy just sitting outside and watching everyone in action.
Josh and Brenda knocking off stucco.
Joe and Aro measuring for a wall.
Josh and Brenda doing some demo of the girls closet to make a new hallway and removing their carpet.
Everyone working together to build and raise the exterior walls. This was the first of several and then there were several more interior walls.
And let's not forget the fabulous pint-size helpers who wore snow gloves to remove stucco and put it in the trash. They absolutely LOVED having some part in all the craziness this weekend.

2 comments:

Burke family said...

Soooo nice to have all that help!

Orange Peanut said...

Oh I can't wait to see!!!!