Friday, October 9, 2009

Update...

Well, I haven't gained any weight in a month and am still eating plenty of Taco Bell, so I don't know what the reason is. :) I made an appt. for this morning to be checked and my Dr. was concerned about the weight and that I am now measuring 5 weeks behind where I should be. I told her about the contractions I've been having and difficulty walking and she said I'm 1.5cm dilated, 50% effaced and could feel the baby's head(which is why it hurts to walk--she's that low). So.... she ordered an ultrasound for me to check on the baby and yes, it is still a girl! The tech sent the results to my Dr. and I'll go in on Monday to discuss them with her and see if the small size is lack of amnio. fluid or if there's something hindering the growth of the baby.

This isn't news I was wanting to hear. I'll be 37 weeks on Monday and I am so NOT ready for this baby. Her room won't be done for another week or so, the rest of the house is still a few weeks away. I am SERIOUSLY scared to go into labor. I'm afraid I won't get any drugs again, I'm not ready for the pain, and I'm delivering at a hospital that is 25 minutes away this time that I have only been to one time. This is the first pregnancy where I'm hoping she'll stay put for another 5 months until I'm ready for her. Oh well. We'll see how it all goes...

4 comments:

Keltie said...

We will keep you in our prayers. I am sure everything will be fine. We love you and are thinking about you all the time.

Chris and Dani said...

I hope everything goes well for you, Amber. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Ashley said...

If I can help some how, please call or send me a message. I am worried for you.

Burke family said...

Take care of yourself. I'm anxious now to hear if everything is okay.