Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chico Visit

Trent and I spent a day visiting small towns, hospitals, househunting, etc. and then took the girls to Chico. They have the best parks there! This one is our favorite and is very Fairy Tale Town-esque. We love the pretty recent addition of the pirate ship.

The crooked house.

Their copycat cheese(don't know why the girls love it so much, but they do!)

Some crazy high slides.

Bathrooms that look like castles.

Castle walls to climb around and run through.

While we were there, we also took in the National Yo-yo Competition. I bet you didn't even know there was one. I bet you didn't know it was held in Chico every year and people come from ALL over the US to compete and watch. I didn't either. But, we rode our bikes downtown to see what the buzz was about and LOVED IT!

In this competition, they used 2 yoyos and routines set to music. They spun around, did somersaults with the yo-yos going, and all kinds of amazing tricks! I was thoroughly impressed.
And just a few of Kendra sporting some new piggy tails. Her smile just makes my day!

No comments: