Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Fall Mantle

I wanted some chunky candlesticks to place pumpkins etc. on, but was not about to pay the prices I was seeing in the stores. So, a quick trip to Home Depot gave me an idea for these babies. I got 2 six inch table legs and an 8 inch table leg. (The middle one is right side up here, the other two are upside down). I had Trent, with Megan's help of course, cut out two 4-inch squares from MDF wood for the top and bottom bases of the candlesticks. Then, in a stroke of sheer genius as I was trying to figure out how to attch said bases in as little time as possible, I got out the trusty hot glue gun and attached those bad boys the best way I knew how.
I sprayed them down with some glossy black spray paint.
Threw a pumpkin on top of them and a garland in front and...
voila! I now have 3 awesome candlestick holder thingys for my mantle for under $9 for all 3! I was so excited to come up with something on my own. Seriously excited.

4 comments:

kalinda said...

very cute, good job. They look awesome

Christine said...

They look great! What an awesome idea!

Bec and Ryan said...

Love it! How creative is that? I may have to make a trip to Home Depot myself.
Your family is adorable! I love the pictures of your girls with the big numbers. And Kendra is growing up so fast. She is so photogenic! What a little model. And I may just try to straw thing for my 2 year old...he won't touch veggies :)

Burke family said...

Way cute!