Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our Trip to St. Louis

Kendra did a fabulous job on her first plane ride! She climbed back and forth across us until she got tired and napped the rest of the way.
Sleepy little Bridget. My parents and Kendra and I flew out to see Josh and Chloe and their new baby. I have really been missing them and it was so fun to spend some time with them and see their cute house and discover St. Louis.
I love the architecture and how green everything is.
We heard that St. Louis had a free zoo and thought, "yeah, they'll probably have a deer, some squirrels, and a peacock." We went to check it out and it was a-maze-ing! So many great animals, and you could get really close to them too! We loved the indoor, chilly penguin exhibit! We were literally 2 ft. away from these guys!
Kendra loved them far away, but not up close!
We loved the fall decor everywhere too.
How cute is this 3 week old giraffe?!
The camels were pretty awesome too. We learned that their humps slump over until they're full-grown. We also saw many hybrids: a half-zebra, half-horse, a half-goat, half yak, and lots more. Sooo cool!
My mom treated us to some fabulous pedicures!
We went out to dinner to a true southern bbq restaurant.
They have a great big, huge mall with an indoor ice skating rink, a skateboard park, mini golf course, and a go-kart arena--along with all the other mall-type stores.
Don't take your child to this store in the mall to buy your school uniforms though! haha
Oh yeah, guess who won at go-karting? Yeah, that'd be me. And yeah, I totally lapped these two. I rock.
We also got to be there for Bridget's baby blessing. It was wonderful and she looked so pretty in her white dress.


My parents, me and Kendra, the happy new family, and Chloe's sister and family.
Sleeping with a smile on!
Kendra enjoyed some one-on-one time with Grandma and Grandpa without having to vy for attention from older sisters!
They also have a pretty cool sculpture garden that's free to walk through the acres of beautiful land and observe or climb on, as is our case, all the works of art.
Some were pretty interesting.
Others too tempting not to touch.
Here I am about to plummet to my death and Josh just laughs. Typical.

Waiting for our delayed layover in Vegas, the women's field hockey team from UOP took a liking to Kendra! They entertained her and vice versa for an hour and a half. They loved watching her crawl and gave her cell phones to play with and thought she was the cutest thing ever.
Go ahead, call me a bad mom, final descent into Sac airport at 1:30 in the morning and I gave a restless Kendra a sucker to keep her happy. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! Other than the airport sending my stroller and carseat to a different airport and crying at the counter about it at 2am and then being given a loaner carseat and told mine would come when they could locate it--flying went really well and we had a GREAT trip! I really enjoyed spending time with everyone and spending some quality time with just one kiddo to take care of!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Looks like an awesome trip! I would have sobbed over the car seat/stroller. They lost my luggage once, luckily I got it delivered to my door later that day.