Wednesday, September 21, 2011
30 Years and Counting!
My parents achieved 30 years of marriage back in May. 4 kids, 6 grandkiddos, and a whole lotta memories later, they're still going strong and looking good doing it too! My dad decided a few months ago to start eating better and exercising. Lo and behold, he's down 50 lbs., doesn't have to use a sleep apnea machine anymore and feels and looks great too! He's got willpower like I've never seen. If I bake cookies I will undoubtedly eat the dough, the hot cookies, and several more cooled off cookies. He now sees said batch of cookies and says, "I'll just have one." And he does! What the?!?! It's pretty amazing and he's quite inspiring to me. I've enjoyed working out at the gym with him a few times recently and seeing him kick my butt in inverted pushups on a ball. Very impressive. My mom has also lost weight in cooking and eating healthier for my dad and they are quite the awesome barely 50 yr olds.
As impressive as weight loss is, 30 years of marriage is every bit as impressive and awe-inspiring. They do it well and are a great example of a loving couple, caring parents, and fabulous grandparents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Tell your parents congrats!!!! 30 years is impressive.
Aw, I love your parents so much! They look great - love the photos! (I noticed your message to your Dad on facebook recently where you said he needed to change his photo since it didn't look like him anymore... wondered if he'd gone for the mohawk look or something... lol!)
I hope you're settling into your new home... looks like you've had fun decorating!
I love the pictures of your parents!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/buah-dan-sayur-penambah-darah/
Post a Comment