Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Reading Loft and Craft Room

Took the big open space and turned it into our reading loft.  I made curtains, couch pillows and floor pillows, and a cushion for the rocking chair.  Now it's a bright, whimsical cozy reading loft where we read our bedtime stories every night.
Love the flowery pattern!  Click on the pic to enlarge and you can see the gathered twill tape trim I kinda made up as I went.  It stayed with the whimsical theme and I love how it turned out kind of ruffly.

I fell in love with the zebra and giraffe fabric and bought it not quite knowing what I would do with it.  I taught myself to sew pillows with cording that I made too.  Fun and not too hard!
One of my favorite rooms is the craft/scrapbooking/sewing/guest room.  I keep my sewing machine out all the time, my crafty stuff is easily accessible, and I love having a place for it all.  Still a work in progress, but loving it so far!

1 comment:

Orange Peanut said...

Super cute!!! So when are we going to use that room to sew, craft, eat junk food, etc...