Megan picked a dandelion before walking into church. "Meggers, you need to make a wish a blow it before we go inside," I said. She nodded her head, closed her eyes, and said, "I wish our family could be together forever."
I chuckled and said, "But Megan, you don't need to wish for that, we will be." I went on to explain to her how dad and I got married in the temple and now our family can work together to be a forever family. She said, "Oh, that's good. I really like this family."
I hugged her and thought, what a great reminder to me to make sure she and the other girls always want to be part of our family. I shared this in Relief Society during the lesson when the question was posed, "What can we do to teach our children about the importance of eternal marriage?" I relayed the story and added my sentiments about taking the quick, simple moments to teach our kids about the importance of temple marriage and to remind of the blessings that come from temple worthiness. I taught her a bit about eternal marriage and having families forever and in her reminder to me to make sure we can be a forever family; she taught me much more.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment