Monday, September 8, 2008

Labor Day Fun

So, first time teaching water aerobics went well--better than I thought it would anyway! My tutoring position is working out quite nicely and I'm working on getting the hang of our new schedule. So, in a nutshell... life is good. :)


I know this post is late, but we enjoyed a fun time camping at Rucker Lake over Labor Day. It was colder than we thought it would be, but we still had fun! I grew up enjoying camping each summer with my family and I'm glad my girls get to enjoy the same fun trips that I did.Is it wrong to say that my favorite part of camping might just be the s'more making? yum! :)

Doesn't this face just say it all?! Mikayla loved every minute of camping, canoeing, swimming, s'more making, rock climbing, hot dog roasting, and getting dirty! It actually was harder than I thought it would be for me to let them get (and stay!) so dirty! I couldn't believe the amount of dirt that found the girls faces, clothing, and fingernails while we were there!

Mikayla and cousin Noah drying off after a swim in the lake.
Mikayla having fun playing Old Maid with Magaw.
Uncle Josh and Uncle Dusty took the girls for a hike and to go rock climbing.

The 3 of us went for a fun canoe ride around the lake.
Megan, sittin' pretty!
Me, Magaw, Megan, Mikayla, and Aunt Chloe
Mikayla loved rock climbing with Uncle Josh.
Trent giving Meggy some snuggles after playing in the lake.

3 comments:

The Butler Family said...

It's great to see how well you guys are doing! I tagged you, come play (read my blog to find out what to do).

Kimberly said...

Hey--a little dirt never hurt anybody, right?! Looks like fun!

JenW said...

looks like tons of fun...dirt included!