Whoa. What just happened?! We went from long, lazy summer days eating popsicles by the pool to one crazy start of another school year for all of us.
Trent started teaching seminary, began another semester of school and is still working on the weekends. Mikayla started everyday morning preschool. I started a job as an inpendent study teacher for an 8th grade tennis pro in town and have been training for a position at Del Norte as an aqua aerobics instructor. Which, I might add, I am teaching my first class tomorrow! Aauuggh! We are also in escrow on a home(actually my dad is, we plan to rent from him), but nonetheless, we could be moving across town in a few weeks and I have no idea what I have gotten myself into.
I didn't even go looking for these jobs. Two different friends actually called me and basically offered the jobs to me. I took them both and am scared out of my mind as they are both jobs I've never had and it is requiring A LOT of time and preparation and practice for each of them. The opportunities are exciting and challenging; this will definitely be an interesting school year for all of us. Unfortunately, I see a lot of Taco Bell and Papa Murphy's in my family's future... haha (I'm partially kidding!)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Where are you moving? Congrats. And good luck on both the jobs. I'm sure you'll be great. If you get any timps on how to raise a tennis pro, I'm sure Bracken would love to know.
I want the scoop! Play date soon!
good for you...take deep breaths and one thing at a time! how did your class go today?????
Do you need boxes?
Moving, where to?
Post a Comment