Monday, September 22, 2008

Which way to your car?

This is the question I'm asked each time I leave Raley's and I usually always say, "No, I'm fine, I can do it." I think maybe it's a little pride mixed with just-came-from-the-gym-need-to-look-strong-like-I-can-lift-2-gallons-of-milk-and-my-kid-at-the-same-time-itis. Well, you know what? It is so much easier to just say, "I'm right out this way!"
So today when I was wrestling with Megan and paying for groceries and trying to get her to sit in the cart, I decided to de-stress a little and say "yes" to the bagger. She pushed my cart out to my car and loaded everything in while I buckled Megan into her carseat, and then she took the cart back for me. Let me tell you, it was something little, but it seriously made my shopping experience easier.
Such a silly post, but I realized today it's okay to accept a little help and make life a little easier on myself! :)

1 comment:

Ali said...

I'm right there with you, it wasn't until this year that I started taking them up on the offer! But one time one of the baggers practically begged me and when we got outside she mentioned that she lives to walk people to their cars, it beats staying in the building all day. So now I just look at it as if I'm doing THEM a favor, instead of vice versa!