Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Hate 2pm

2pm is my nemesis.

I start out my day at the gym, full of energy, ready to take on the busy day with 3 little ones. I do really well running errands, picking Mikayla up from school, making lunch for the girls, and putting them down for naps.

Then, suddenly, 2pm hits. I crash. If I am not armed with a fully loaded Diet Pepsi for lunch, then most likely I will fight the laziness all afternoon.

2-4pm is deadly. My two youngest are sleeping. The oldest is watching tv, reading, or doing homework for quiet time and all I want to do is curl up on the couch and close my eyes.

I have a garage full of scrapbooking, sewing, painting, bow-making, and other (crap) craft supplies waiting for me to use them. Why can't I get the energy to move my butt out to the garage to get the stuff done?!?! This is a mysterious wonder that eludes me everyday.

It's not as if I have hours free everyday with nothing to do, but most often one hour. At 2pm. Yuck.

5 comments:

Julie and Pete said...

Be patient and kind to yourself, your baby is only 7 months old and you're still nursing. Might sound rather mother henish, but go easy on yourself and take that nap. I can take the girls here and there this summer for you. Love always, your Mom

The Butler Family said...

Take the nap! I find that I'm a much better- happier, more patient mom with a little bit more sleep. That's much more important than crafts. Like your mom said, be patient with yourself :).

Ruth M said...

Seriously, take the nap. I've decided it's just not the season for all the projects and enjoy the afternoon lull.

Orange Peanut said...

Just give in to the nap! I find that if I force my crafting genius (:-) then things don't turn out as well. Craft and scrapbook when you feel the draw to it but cut yourself some slack - down time is an important part of life!

Maybe we just need another craft/scrap weekend!!! I know I could use one!

Trent and Amber said...

I know I need to just give in and nap, but it's hard to do without feeling guilty! THanks for all the permission though. :) It's nice to know I'm not the only one that still needs/likes to nap! :)