Monday, May 17, 2010

Megan's Puppy Paw-Ty!!

We took the big girls out to Applebee's for Megan's dinner. They wore fancy dresses and crowns, and gloves, and princess shoes, and jewelry.... yes, yes it was slightly overboard.
Megan thoroughly enjoyed her birthday dessert they brought out to her.
Trent wasn't too sure about dining with girls in dress-up clothes, but honestly, the dressing up helped them remember their manners, and we practiced eating in a restaurant and acting like princesses would. It was a nice dinner with no cups being tipped over! (That's an accomplishment around here!)
Megan had a puppy dog party for her 3rd birthday. This is the Clifford that Magaw made for her classroom this year and we thought it'd be a perfect addition to the party.
I made her a puppy dog cake and we had lots of sugar cookie bones to eat too!
The family, tired out from a fun day.
Miss Megan loved her cake and her party!
We invited Megan's friends from playgroup over and they had fun playing in the backyard, singing dog songs, playing dog games, and eating dog food!
Well, okay, it was Scooby snacks and Cocoa Puffs, but it sure looked like dog food! The kids got to eat out of their dog bowls and then take home the bowl and the dog as part of their party favor.
Magaw brought a song, "Oh I Wanna Be A Dog," and here are the kids howling and barking during part of it. We also played "Doggie, doggie, where's your bone?" A version of hot/cold where one child hides the dog toy and another looks for it. As the child is searching for the bone everyone barks softly until the finder gets close, then everyone barks loudly to help him find it!
I actually found these shirts on clearance last year after finding out we were having another girl. They have cute little weiner dogs on them. Unfortunately, this is the best pic I got of them wearing the shirts. It's all I could get before Kendra smashed her hand into the dog's ear and smeared frosting everywhere--she thought she was pretty hilarious!
Happy Birthday Miss Megan! We love you so much and look forward to our 4th year with you!

2 comments:

Julie and Pete said...

Way way to cute! You totally out did yourself girl. I loved everything and the cake was adorable.

Keltie said...

Looks like so much fun, did Megan like her present? I thought the girls would have fun with it, I will be sending Mikayla's in the next couple of weeks.